Wednesday, May 18, 2011

iRan

I ran a 5k last Sunday!
Have I been running regularly? No
Did I plan on doing this? No
Did I take pictures? No : (
Do I know what my time was? No
Did I run the whole way? No
Did I have fun? Yes!
Pretend there is a banner on these stairs : )
Cool Things: 
1. It was free!
2. I got a free t-shirt!
3. The race was on the road that runs along the coast, so it was beautiful.
4.  The advertising for Tigo, the cell phone company that sponsored the race.  Ridiculous, but the  banner striped in their colors covering the 100+ stairs leading up to the huge monument that was the landmark for where the race started was neat looking.  Thankfully, I did NOT have to run up the stairs.
5. Getting to see tons of kids, boys and girls, excited to run the 2.5 k.  With bare feet, flip flops, sandals, and gym shoes. Not many women ran, but lots of girls.
6. Seeing lots of these kids and other runners dance and warm up to music with the person announcing the race while we waited for it to start.  (Officially scheduled at 2, we showed up at quarter to 4, it actually started at 5)
7.  Two friends of mine came too, one just to watch, and another one who kindly ran with me the whole way, even though he’s much faster than me.
Pretend I'm wearing this ; )
in a crowd of 1000+ people,
 all wearing them in different colors-
yellow, green, blue, red, and white

No comments:

Post a Comment